This is the privacy statement for the Acron Group of companies. Please read it carefully. You should only use this site and complete any website forms if you agree to our use of information about you in accordance with this privacy statement.
Protecting your personal data
We’re committed to protecting you and your family’s personal data and information. This policy applies to any personal information or “personal data” that we collect from you. It covers how we:
- Destroy/Remove your personal data
Please read this policy carefully. By using any of our websites, and any services we offer via our websites, you are agreeing to the processing of your data as set out below.
1. Introducing The Acron Group
The Acron Group includes the following companies and their websites:
- Acron Hospitality
- Acron Waterfront Resort, Baga, Goa
- Fortune Acron Regina, Candolim, Goa
- Earthen Oven Restaurant, Candolim, Goa
- Cyrus Todiwala River Restaurant, Baga, Goa
- Acron Homes, Goa
- Acron Developers, Goa
- Acron India
- Acron Properties
In this policy, “we” refers to all of the above.
2. Our commitment to you
We are committed to safeguarding your personal information and we comply with all data protection laws including:
- The Indian Information Technology Act 2000 (IT Act)
- The European Union GDPR - General Data Protection Regulations;
- Any regulations made under or to supplement either of the above, relating to the personal information that we collect about you.
3. When is your personal data collected?
Personal data may be collected on a variety of occasions, including when:
- Contact us by telephone, email, SMS, online chat, letter or any other form of messaging.
- Hotel activities:
- Booking a room
- Checking-in and paying
- Eating/drinking at the hotel bar or restaurant
- Requests, complaints and/or disputes
- Participation in marketing programs or events:
- Signing up for loyalty programs
- Participation in customer surveys (for example, the Guest Satisfaction Survey)
- Subscription to newsletters, in order to receive offers and promotions via email
- Transmission of information from third parties:
- Tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems, and others
- Internet activities:
- Connection to Acron Group of Hotels websites (IP address, cookies)
- Online forms (online reservation, questionnaires, Acron Group of Hotels pages on social networks, network login devices such as Facebook login etc.)
4. For what purposes?
We collect your personal data for the purposes of:
- Meeting our obligations to our customers.
- Managing the reservation of rooms and accommodation requests:
- Creation and storage of legal documents in compliance with accounting standards
- Managing your stay at the hotel:
- Monitoring your use of services (telephone, bar, pay TV etc.)
- Managing access to rooms
- Internal management of lists of customers having behaved inappropriately during their stay at the hotel (aggressive and anti-social behavior, non-compliance with the hotel contract, non-compliance with safety regulations, theft, damage and vandalism, or payment incidents)
- Improving our hotel service, especially:
- Processing your personal data in our customer marketing program in order to carry out marketing operations, promote brands and gain a better understanding of your requirements and wishes
- Adapting our products and services to better meet your requirements
- Customizing commercial offers and the promotional messages we send to you
- Informing you of special offers and any new services created by Acron Group of Hotels or one of its subsidiaries.
- Managing our relationship with customers before, during and after your stay:
- Managing the loyalty program
- Providing details for the customer database
- Segmentation operations based on reservation history and customer travel preferences with a view to sending targeted communications
- Predicting and anticipating future behaviors
- Developing statistics and commercial scores, and carrying out reporting
- Providing context data for the offer, push tool when a customer visits our hotel websites or makes a reservation
- Knowing and managing the preferences of new or repeat customers
- Sending you newsletters, promotions and tourist, hotel or service offers, or offers from Acron Group of Companies or contacting you by telephone
- Managing requests to unsubscribe from newsletters, promotions, tourist offers and satisfaction surveys
- Taking into account the right to object
- Using a dedicated telephone service to search for persons staying in Acron Group of Hotels in the event of serious events affecting the hotel in question (natural disasters, terrorist attacks etc.).
- Improving Acron Group of Hotels services, especially:
- Carrying out surveys and analyses of questionnaires and customer comments
- Managing claims/complaints
- Offering you the benefits of our loyalty program.
- Securing and enhancing your use of Acron Group of Hotels websites, especially:
- Improving navigation
- Implementing security and fraud prevention.
- Conforming to local legislation (for example, storing of accounting documents).
5. Conditions of third-party access to your personal data
In order to provide you with services we have to share your personal data with internal and external recipients subject to the following conditions:
- Within the Acron Group of Hotels, in order to offer you the best service, we can share your personal data and give access to authorized personnel from the Group, including:
- Hotel staff
- Reservation staff using Acron Group of Hotels reservation tools
- IT departments
- Commercial partners and marketing services
- Medical services if applicable
- Legal services if applicable
- Generally, any appropriate person within Acron Group of Hotels entities for certain specific categories of personal data.
With service providers and partners: your personal data may be sent to a third party for the purposes of supplying you with services and improving your stay, for example
- External service providers: IT sub-contractors, international call centers, banks, credit card issuers, external lawyers, dispatchers, printers.
- Local authorities: We may also be obliged to send your information to local authorities if this is required by law or as part of an inquiry and in accordance with local regulations.
Requests for additional information
Sometimes we will require you to provide further personal information. This may be if you are purchasing or thinking about purchasing developments and/or new homes and/or if you booking/staying at our hotel rooms and/or booking /eating at our restaurants from us, or if you ask us to contact you with properties/developments/hotel rooms/restaurants that may be of interest to you. Whenever we do this, we will tell you why we are collecting this information and how we will use it.
Queries via social media
Our social media pages, such as Twitter and Facebook, are monitored by our digital marketing team. They pass any customer queries, questions or complaints onto the most appropriate person in our team, so that we can respond accordingly.
If you contact us online, we may monitor the type of device used by you. This may include specific identification, such as your IP address.
CCTV and call monitoring
Our hotels and restaurants use CCTV to make sure we provide a safe and secure environment for all visitors and guests to our premises and to ensure the protection of our employees and property.
We may also record calls for training, monitoring and quality purposes to and from our sales phones and customer service lines.
6. Keeping your information private?
Your information will be kept private and confidential, except where we are obliged/permitted to share it with third parties by law (e.g. Government bodies, law enforcement agencies and similar).
We will retain your information within our group of companies, except:
- At your request: If you have requested that we share the information with you or have given your permission.
- To fulfil our contractual/similar obligations to you: For example, in connection with any property, development you are in the course of purchasing or have purchased from us, or which you had previously sought to purchase from us. Or in connection with the booking / staying in one of our hotel rooms. This could include:
- To our solicitors, your solicitors or other advisers for the purposes of progressing a sale of a home or dealing with any issue you may have.
- To a third party for the purposes of carrying out a survey in relation to your experience with us.
- With a consultant or a subcontractor appointed to carry out/required to carry out work to a home which you have purchased.
- To any of your advisers in connection with any contract or transaction entered into with us for the purposes of performance of our obligations
- For statistical or similar analysis in relation to purchase or use of our properties, products or any service we provide.
Keeping you in the know
If you do you enter into a contract with us, we will set out, as comprehensively as possible, the purposes for which we may use your personal information in order to fulfil our contract with you and address any issues relating to our performance.
Acron Group of Hotels takes appropriate technical and organizational measures, in accordance with applicable legal provisions, to protect your personal data against illicit or accidental destruction, accidental alteration or loss, and unauthorized access or disclosure. To this end, we have taken technical measures (such as firewalls) and organizational measures (such as a user ID/password system, means of physical protection etc.).
When you submit credit card data when making a reservation, SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology is used to guarantee a secure transaction.
Whilst not sharing your personal information, we may use suitable and accredited third-party organizations specifically for the purpose of destroying or deleting any personal data.
7. Is there an age limit to who we can contact?
If you are under the age of 18, you should obtain your parents’ or guardians’ permission before you contact us. It is unlikely that we will be in a position to provide you with any information which may assist you, or be relevant to you, until you reach the age of 18 – this is simply because of the nature of the legal obligations you will enter into when purchasing a property or booking / staying in a hotel room.
8. How long do we store your information?
This is dependent upon its purpose, or the amount of time set out in the contract you enter into with us.
- Purchasing a property: If you enter into a contract with us to purchase a property, we will hold your information for the duration of our contract
- If you contact us: In the absence of a contract if you get in touch regarding any of our properties/developments or hotel rooms or restaurants or the services we provide – whether we receive such contact directly from you or via a third party – we will retain your personal information until you request that we delete it. We will need to retain a record of your request to be deleted.
- We will use all reasonable efforts to delete (aside from the note of your request to be deleted) all information in our possession which constitutes, in our reasonable opinion, personal data belonging to you.
9. Your rights
Deletion of personal data “Right to be forgotten”
It is your right to request the deletion of your personal data from our records, except (as explained above) if it is necessary for us to perform our legal obligations or contractual obligations to you or another third party.
Keeping your details accurate
You have the right to ask us to rectify any personal data we hold about you which is inaccurate or incomplete.
Sending a request
A request for the deletion or correction of personal data should be addressed to the Data Protection Manager at Acron Group at our registered office, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that while we always strive to comply with any requests you make, we cannot guarantee to action any request for the deletion or rectification of your personal data if it is not made using the method outlined above.
What do we do?
Within reason, we will aim to make anonymous and/or delete any of the personal data which we hold in relation to you. It is in the nature of digital or computer records that we cannot guarantee that every trace or record of your personal data will be removed, but we will delete it as far as it is reasonably possible for us to do so.
10. Finding out what personal information we hold.
You have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
We may require you to prove your identity (with two documents of approved identification) before searching our records. At the present time, the information will be provided to you within 40 working days of whichever of the following comes last:
- The date of submission of your request.
- Establishment of your identity.
Identification that we accept
The following are examples of the type of identification that we can accept in order to process your information request:
- Driving license.
- Birth or marriage certificate.
- Utility bill (from the past 3 months).
Please note, if we have previously established your identity and it matches the information you provide, this may be sufficient for the purposes of actioning your request. If you have not previously provided us with identification, then we may require you to provide copy documentation of the examples listed above in order to process your request.
So that we avoid any delays to your application, please address any questions concerning our privacy and cookies policy to the Data Protection Manager at the registered office of Acron Group set out below or using the email address provided in this policy.
11. Accessing our platforms from outside the India.
Depending upon your location, different privacy rules may apply as a matter of law. Our privacy rules are presently harmonized with that of the EU, but you should note that any personal information that we use or process is done so in accordance with the law applicable in India, as appropriate.
12. Web browser cookies.
What is a cookie?
A cookie contains a small amount of data and (typically) a unique identifier. When you access any of our websites or platforms (or those of third-party providers) a cookie will be sent to your device. The cookie records information about your online preferences and therefore allows us to tailor our websites and any contact with you to your specific interests.
The information we obtain by monitoring all visits to our websites enables us to improve, through anonymous analysis, our services to our customers and visitors.
Your web browser may also provide us with information concerning your device, such as an IP address or details about the browser you are using. For example, if you are looking at a specific location or property, we may use your location to ensure that any web pages or communications are tailored to you.
The installation of certain cookies is subject to your consent. Also, when you first visit the Acron Group websites, you are asked whether you agree to the installation of this type of cookie, which is only activated after your acceptance.
This process is supported by means of an information banner on the home page of the Acron Group websites, which informs you that by continuing to browse, you are agreeing to the installation of cookies that require consent on your device.
You can change your mind at any time using the various methods described below.
Please note, you are able to change your cookies settings to control access to any device you are using.
Although most browsers are set by default to accept cookies, you can, if you desire, choose to accept all cookies, always block cookies, or choose which cookies to accept based on their senders.
You can also set your browser to accept or block cookies on a case-by-case basis before they are installed. Your browser also allows you to regularly delete cookies from your device. Remember to configure all the browsers in your different devices (tablets, smartphones, computers, etc.).
Regarding management of cookies and your preferences, configuration varies for each browser. This is described in the Help menu of your browser, as well as how to edit your preferences with regard to cookies. For example:
- For Internet ExplorerTM: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- For SafariTM: http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/cookies
- For ChromeTM: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- For FirefoxTM: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- For OperaTM: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
Saving a cookie to your device depends on your wishes, which you can exercise and change at any time and free of charge using the settings offered by your browser software.
If your browser is set to accept cookies on your device, the cookies embedded in the pages and content that you view may be temporarily stored in a dedicated space on your device. They can only be read by their issuer.
However, you can set your browser to block cookies. Keep in mind that if you set your browser to block cookies, some features, pages and spaces on Acron Group websites will not be accessible, and we cannot be held responsible in this case.
Information about other websites
We cannot control any information concerning websites other than those operated by us. You must refer to those websites for their terms and conditions and privacy policies.
13. Mobile applications.
We occasionally release mobile applications to complement specific developments. Use of these mobile applications is set out in the terms and conditions, which you will need to accept in order to load and access the app on your device.
14. Changes to our privacy and cookies policy.
We may make changes and update our privacy and cookies policy from time to time and in accordance with updated legislation. Any such changes will be shown here as part of our privacy and cookies policy and will apply from the date that they are published. We are unable to contact you directly to inform you of these changes, other than in response to a specific request made to our Data Protection Manager as referred to above.
15. Contacting us concerning our privacy and cookies policy.
Any contact you wish to make with us concerning this policy or how it works in practice should be directed to the Data Protection Manager. Please either write using the email address provided, or via post to our registered office:
Acron Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.
712 A, Embassy Centre,
Mumbai - 400021
- Platforms are the means by which we establish digital contact, including websites operated by us.
- IP addresses are specific to any device used. This could be a laptop computer, tablet or phone.
Acron Group May 2018